Senior Lead Back-end Developer – Mobile Gaming
If you are a person that wants to work on a platform that is used by millions of gamers world wide, that wants to lead a small team of developers and that thrives on innovation, then you should help us develop our mobile social games platform
Job Summary and Responsibilities
We are looking for someone who is able to:
- Architect, build and lead the development of a highly scalable back-end platform (At BoosterMedia it’s all about scalability, scalability, scalability!)
- Lead a small team of developers
- Take responsibility for the end product, ensuring that the platform is reliable and of high quality
We operate in a fast-paced and innovative industry. Therefore we are looking for a candidate that is proactive, has the drive to succeed and thinks out of the box to find high performing yet flexible solutions.
As part of the Technology team you will be working with dedicated and passionate computer geeks. Because this is one of the more important positions within our technology team we are looking for someone who is “best of breed”.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor or Master level computer science degree or similar experience
- Over 5 years development experience in a server side (web) development role
- You are used to work closely with business to design a solid technical architecture
- You have to ability to lead a team in creating and extending core products
- Experience with SCRUM or similar Agile development methodologies
- You are fluent in more than one programming language; Java is one of them
- Build automation and devops is a huge plus
- BI, data warehouse and / or NoSQL skills are a huge plus
- Experience with Mobile web development, both client and server side is a plus
- A team player and a team builder, with the drive to excel
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English. Japanese and/or Chinese speaking skills are a plus
- A contagious enthusiasm for online technologies and platforms!
- A great working environment in a young and dynamic industry
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas in projects, with very little formal hierarchy and quick decision making processes
- Projects which will be used by millions of people
- A competitive salary, as well as a relocation package if you live outside of the Netherlands
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to help create an industry that’s about to explode!
BoosterMedia is a young and fast growing company, bringing the phenomenal success of social and casual gaming to the open mobile internet. We manage mobile gaming portals in over 25 countries. We have our own in-house mobile games development studio specialized in browser-based mobile social games development for smartphones and tablets like iPhone, Android and iPad using HTML5. We also publish games from 3rd party developers through our developer-program.
If this sounds like you, and you’re excited to work with people from different nationalities in a fast-paced environment, please send your CV and cover letter to the following email address:firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to hearing from you.