Senior Back-end Developer – Mobile Gaming
If you are a person that wants to work on a platform that is used by millions of gamers world wide and that thrives on innovation, then you should help us develop our mobile social games platform!
Job Summary and Responsibilities
We are looking for someone who is able to:
- Build a highly scalable back-end platform (At BoosterMedia the platform is all about scalability, scalability, scalability!)
- Build and extend the database driving the platform
- Help with the design and building of our web systems and to extend our Java and PHP based architecture
- Take responsibility for the end product, ensuring that the platform is reliable and of high quality
Because we operate in a fast-paced and innovative industry we are looking for a candidate that is proactive, has the drive to succeed and thinks out of the box to find high performing yet flexible solutions. As part of the Technology team you will be working with dedicated and passionate computer geeks.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor or Master level computer science degree or similar experience
- 3 to 5 years development experience in a server side (web) development role
- Good knowledge of object oriented programming
- Experience with SCRUM or similar Agile development methodologies
- Database modeling and development experience (MySql is preferred)
- If you are fluent in more than one programming language, that’s a big plus!
- Experience with integrating 3rd party API’s (e.g Facebook, Twitter, billing systems) is preferred/li>
- Experience with Mobile web development, both client and server side is also preferred
- A team player with strong social skills
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English. Japanese and/or Chinese speaking skills are a plus
- A contagious enthusiasm for online and/or mobile games!
- A great working environment in a young and dynamic industry
- The opportunity to bring in your own ideas in projects, with very little formal hierarchy and quick decision making processes
- Projects which will be used by millions of users
- An attractive office location in the center of Amsterdam
- The opportunity to create something big in an industry that’s about to explode!
BoosterMedia is a young and fast growing company, bringing the phenomenal success of social and casual gaming to the open mobile internet. We manage mobile gaming portals in over 25 countries. We have our own in-house mobile games development studio specialized in browser-based mobile social games development for smartphones and tablets like iPhone, Android and iPad using HTML5. We also publish games from 3rd party developers through our developer-program.
If this sounds like you, and you’re excited to work with people from different nationalities in a fast-paced environment, please send your CV and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .We look forward to hearing from you.
For further information on the position and our company, please email email@example.com or visit our website at www.boostermedia.com.